The Centralized Training Centre SSB Sapri is situated at National Highway No-88, leading towards, Kangra and Dharamshala. The important landmark of this locality (Sapri) is Mata Jawalamukhi Temple (Jawalamukhi) which is approximately 03 Kms. from the CTC.
BRIEF HISTORY OF CTC SAPRI:-
- Erstwhile TrainingCentre Jammu came ito existence vide Cab. Sectt. Order No.-A-11013/14/90/DO/I dated 14/01/91 under the scheme of extension of SSB in J&K a “TC Jammu & Kashmir” and started functioning at Gangyal(Jammu) w.e.f. 14/03/91.
- Later on, the Training Centre was shifted from Jammu to Samba and started functioning w.e.f. 28/06/2001 at its own acquired land at Village-Painthi (Samba) and remained functional at Samba upto 14/02/2003.
- Training Centre Samba was further shifted to this location, i.e, erstwhile Group Centre SSB, Sapri on 15/02/2003.
- As per FHQ order No. 1/17/2002/E-II/8427-6502 dated 29/09/2003 TC, Kumarsain was also merged with the T.C. w.e.f. 01/10/2003.later,with the raising of 35th Bn,training centre kumarsain has again started working as Adhoc training Centre in march 2009.
- As per FHQ Order No. 1/4/SSB/Rest/Per-V/Org/2011/Vol-III/1992-2137 dated 20/03/2013 the TC Sapri was renamed as CTC (Centralized Training Centre) Sapri.